Last week for Inspiration Monday, I shared the podcasts that have inspired and challenged me. This post will look at the books that I have read (and listened to on audiobook). I love reading but don’t do much of it these days as I find I struggle to focus when I do have moments I could pull out a book. The audiobooks have been helpful for this as I can listen while doing housework or walking. I do find that I don’t absorb and retain as much from listening (often because of distraction from a certain adorable little girl!!), however, I still have gained so much wisdom and revelation from them.
This may be a long list but here it is in no particular order:
- A Million Little Ways- Uncover the art you were made to live by Emily P. Freeman
I loved the concept of seeing the “art” in what I do in my daily life and not underestimating the significance of the little tasks.
- Simply Tuesday- Small moment living in a fast moving world by Emily P. Freeman
Change the way that you think about “small” and give your soul space to breathe in this fast paced world of ours.
- Lioness Arising- Wake up and change your world by Lisa Bevere
Girl power Biblical style! I love Lisa’s heart for women to rise up and take their place in God’s plans, embracing both our strength and femininity.
- Girls with Swords- How to carry your cross like a hero by Lisa Bevere
Building even more on the concept of embracing our place in God’s plans, with both our strength and femininity.
- Undaunted- Daring to do what God calls you to do by Christine Caine
Sharing from her own experiences and walk with God, Christine Caine doesn’t hold back in challenging and inspiring me to step out in faith and put in the hard work to carry out God’s plan in my life.
- Unstoppable- Running the race you were born to win by Christine Caine
More inspiration and conviction through her words.
- The Best Yes- Making wise decisions in the midst of endless demands by Lysa TerKeurst
Amazing advice to help overcome the people pleasing yes and manage priorities. I have a couple of friends who have embraced this with me and we help to keep each other focused on what our best yes is.
- Unglued- Making wise choices in the midst of raw emotions by Lysa TerKeurst
Raw emotions are certainly an issue in the midst of sleep deprivation! It is my heart’s desire to be a calm parent and not let emotions dictate the state of my relationships. Great tips and tools in this book.
- Own your life- Living with deep intention, bold faith, and generous love by Sally Clarkson
Godly wisdom from woman who has lived what she is writing about! Doesn’t “deep intention, bold faith, and generous love” describe what you want your life to look like?
- Anything- the prayer that unlocked my God and my soul by Jennie Allen
I am still processing this one! I would like to be able truly to pray “anything, Lord” but not sure if I am quite there yet.
What books do you recommend?
DaySpring.com is celebrating all of the amazing Write 31 Days readers who are supporting nearly 2,000 writers this October! To enter to win a $500 DaySpring shopping spree, just click on this link & follow the giveaway widget instructions. Good luck, and thanks for reading!
This post is part of a series called “My journey of increasing capacity” written as part of the Write 31 Days challenge. To read other posts in this series please click on the button below, in the side bar or on the Write 31 Days 2015 tab at the top.