It’s that time of the week again. Time to stop and reflect back on all the little and big moments that I am thankful for in my week.
- As happens so often, our sermons at church have been linking in beautifully with what we have been looking at in MOPS this year. The current series on “The Table” has contained so many of the same truths and encouragement to celebrate, to be relational in the way we seek to share the gospel and to rest. You can listen to the podcasts here.
- The spontaneous moments when my daughter makes up songs about how much she loves talking to God or prays. She is starting to use some of the verses I use in prayers over her (albeit a little mixed up at times). It warms my heart to see her on her own faith journey.
- I have been humbled this week at the support from friends and family and even those I don’t know as my first article was published for an online magazine. Sitting in front of a computer screen, baring my soul through my words is a little like being in a bubble. I have no idea of the response. It was such a wonderful experience and has spurred me on to keep writing. You can read more about this and the article here.
- My first school Mother’s Day pampering session. I was so thankful to be in a job that is flexible enough to allow me to go. My heart broke thinking about how devastated Isabel would have been if I couldn’t (and then thinking of those kids without a mother this Mother’s Day). Such a precious time of connecting with my daughter and making memories.
- Walking outside to our back room for my quiet time in the early morning and being captured by the stars in the sky.
- A breakthrough with a student- I was actually able to have a proper conversation with him! (This may not make sense unless you understand the nature of the kids I teach at Alta-1 College. They have severe anxiety, depression and other mental health conditions that prevent them from attending school. A conversation can be a major achievement.)
- Getting back into a work out habit. I feel so much better when I am taking care of myself and I need to take care of myself to be the best mother, wife, friend, MOPS leader etc that I can.
I would love to hear what you are thankful for this week. Please join me in the comments or through the link up.